Sunday, October 7, 2007

Much ado about nothing

Not so much going on here just now. George and I scrapped our plans for adventurous doings in favour of relaxing in preparation for Thailand next week. Watch this space for the tales of daring do.

One of the many things G and I have talked about this week is how churches support missionaries in the field. I guess I want to write this here so that at least some people hear the thought. What if, instead of merely supporting missionaries with money and prayer, a church paid for some of their friends to travel out to see them and just, well, hang out. It's been so encouraging having a friend from home here, and I'm sure lots of people abroad would appreciate it. There's also the side benefit of the people travelling possibly getting interested in mission etc...and they get to see what life in that country is really like. However I don't see any churches doing that (anyone?). Something to ponder...suggest to your pastor?

Meanwhile we're off tonight to a Lebanese restaurant. It will probably taste fantastic and cost me less than this haggis supper. And contain less radioactive substances. Somehow, I still yearn... Mmmmm, haggis supper.

No comments: